Tuesday, September 28, 2010

To blog or not to blog

Oh the blogging world is something I go back and forth with. I do like to read other blogs but to write them is a whole different kind of world for me. I think it is only because I want to make time to read what has been going on in my friends lives, however I don't care to keep my own blog up to date. Not that min blog is anything worth keeping up on but if I am going to have one I should at least do a monthly post right?
I think my last post was in July, I think. Anyway, it was a long time ago. I guess I will just share my highlights for the last few months and then hope to give you a little more than just updates in my next posts.

In my last post I announced that we are expecting our second child which is exciting for me now since I finally heard the heart beat. It makes it all the more real to me when I hear that first sound of pitter pattering. I love that sounds. It makes my heart stop and all I want to do is smile! We will not be finding out the sex of this baby either. Since we will be doing a home birth again we do not plan to have an ultra sound unless our midwife thinks it necessary too. I know it seems strange not too since they are usually the norm, but they are just another one of those hospital procedures that I don't need to spend extra money on.  Our total cost for this baby is going to be a whopping $1000! Usually she is 1800 but we gave her family a place to stay at our camp for free for a few weeks so we were able to cut down on the cost which is so stinking nice! So baby number two, boy or girl, is going to enter the world in it's own home somewhere around March 8th.  That puts me at around 18 weeks now. My baby bump is now popping out enough you can tell I am pregnant, not fat!
Since the summer ended I have taken a part time, as needed, job at our Rainbow Kids Day Care Ministry. It is right at the camp, and I can bring Jake with me when I work so I felt that I shouldn't pass up an opportunity to make a few bucks while being able to keep Jake with me. This is my third week and I enjoy it a lot more than I expected too. I have always loved kids but I wasn't sure how if having Jake with me would be too much of a distraction since I want to make sure that I am not just focused on him or if Jake might give me a hard time because he is so used to having me all to himself. Well I am happy to say that Jake is neither a distraction and he plays very well with the kids. He has even adjusted to taking naps there so I feel pretty stress free about it and am very thankful for the opportunity I have been given. It not only gets me out of the house a couple days of the week, but it allows Jake to socialize, as well as myself, and I feel like it will be a learning experience as far as how to handle all different ages. In a way help prepare me a little as Jake goes through all the different stages. I have already learned a lot and I appreciate all the kids that come in.
I have decided that I am not going to let cabin fever set in this winter! I have joined a Monday morning ladies small group with a few women from camp and church. We are studying a book by Joyce Myer called "Battlefield of the Mind." So far I have only been to one meeting but just joined last week. I felt very positive about getting back into a small group studying because I have always needed something to help keep me on track in my spiritual disciplines. I also decided to give MOPS a try every other Friday morning from 9-11am. Not sure what MOPS stands for but it is for moms to get together, drop the kids off at the nursery and hang out, do projects, listen to guest speakers etc. I was asked to be a guest speaker this coming January and share about fitness and nutrition. I look forward to getting to know other moms in my community and hope it will get my foot in the door in terms of feeling more apart of our church as well. Converse is really starting to feel like home for us. We are so thankful for all the great friendships we have made here and love the family community we share in at the camp.

I think I have exhausted my words for this post. My brain has decided to stop working for the day. I was going to post some pictures, however, I have not loaded them onto my computer yet. God Bless!

3 comments:

  1. Good to see you're posting again :) I definitely know what it's like to not want to post! I'm lazy about it too...
    So I guess I'll see you at MOPS Friday? By the way, it stands for Mothers of Preschoolers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you posted again. I like knowing what is up with my favorite family. :) I need to come visit again, and bring my boy with me. Perhaps a weekend in November?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like someone already told you what MOPS stands for! I used to do the day care things with my kids and I loved that job because I could still be with them it was the best of both worlds!

    ReplyDelete