Sunday, October 3, 2010

Two different kinds of "FALL"

The wonderful things about fall...
  •  cooler temps
  • changing colors
  • hot tea and hot apple cider
  • smell of harvest
  • apple picking
  • carving pumpkins
  • making pumpkin bread
  • chilly mornings
  • sitting around a campfire
  • taking a nap out on a blanket in the sun
  • Sunday afternoon football games
I am sure I am forgetting many other wonderful things about this time of year. How about you? What is your favorite part?
I am sitting at the dining room table wishing that I wasn't suffering from my first fall cold. Jake and I both caught a cold this week while at Day Care. I feel worse for him because I know how bad I feel and he doesn't know how to blow his nose or tell me where he hurts. I RARELY ever get sick and if I do it is usually not until February, so I am pretty bummed that I managed to get sick. I knew the risk I was taking if I worked at a Day Care with all the runny noses, coughing and sneezing that goes on in places like this but I honestly didn't think I would be sick after less than a month of working there. Well, at least it is only a cold and will pass in a couple of days.
Joe on the other hand has a little more to complain about. My hero took a bad crash on his bike a little over two weeks ago in the woods on the expert section of a single track mountain biking trail. The section he was in had redesigned that section and added some more jumps so he was unfamiliar with the difficulty of one particular jump and gave it a go which could potentially cost us in a large sum of hospital bills. He flew over his handle bars head first and when he was in mid air turned his body to his left side(he is predominately left handed) and his head and left shoulder took the brunt of the fall. He was knocked out cold for several seconds. The guy who was with him is a good friend of ours from the camp and he said he thought Joe was dead because his body went limp once he hit the ground.  When Joe came too he was in and out for about 30 min before he could remember what had happened and where he was etc. He thought his shoulder was either broken or dislocated and the pain was so intense he did what goes does best in those situations, crack jokes!
When my prince returned to me he was in a sling and x-rays showed that his shoulder and clavicle were separated, which basically means the ligament that holds them together was torn really bad. He is still suffering pain from that and will be following up with an orthopedic surgeon this week to check on his healing progress. So far no surgery is needed but it will take several months for it to be back to his normal self again. He did also have to have a CT scan and the results came back negative(hence the huge medical bill in which we hope insurance will cover). Those things are expensive! Well my daring husband won't be riding his bike for a while but I am sure this won't slow him down any.  I am just glad to have him in one piece and glad he isn't paralyzed!

No comments:

Post a Comment