Friday, December 3, 2010

So much for a good nights rest

Instead of ranting about my terrible nights sleep on Facebook I decided I would rant a little on my blog just because I have nothing else I want to write about at this moment and my son is sitting next to me on the couch watching Baby Santa, eating Cherrios and acting as if he had nothing to do with my terrible night! Grrrrrrr.
Joe and I headed to Anderson, IN(our previous place of residency) to speak with a lady about our house we have been trying to sell. She really wants to live there for the rest of her life so this could possibly be our buyer! Anyway, after a great conversation with her and a fantastic dinner at our favorite mexican joint we headed home to watch The Office and wash and cut up the two deer that Joe killed last week. 10pm rolled around and I was feeling tired but continued to help Joe for a while longer knowing that if I was at least in bed by 11pm I would get a decent 7-8 hours of sleep before Jake woke up.
Think again! I love my son a bunch, but when there is no reason for him to wake up at 2am and keep me up until 4am and then wake up again at 6am, sometimes I just wish my baby monitor would break in the middle of the night so I didn't have any way of hearing him. I kept thinking he had pooped, or thrown up(the flu is going around like mad around here), or that he was cold. I think he just had a bad case of the "be a pain the butt so mom doesn't get any rest" bug! Well it is now 8am and he is acting perfectly fine! What the crap! I lost 4 hours of sleep for what? I have MOPS in an hour and now I am not sure I should go because he lost a good 2-3 hours of sleep and if he is coming down with something I don't want him to pass it on or end up throwing up the nursery at church. Decisions, decisions! Being a mom of a toddler and at the same time pregnant is EXHAUSTING! Can I get an AMEN!


Some fun pictures of me and Jake playing together. Helps remind me there are more good days then bad being a mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment