Thursday, March 26, 2009

Busy Week

This week has been a crazy one and I'm glad that it's almost over. Joe has been busy working with a couple different highschool groups that came to the camp to help build our Third World Village. We are very excited about this new project because it will allow us to give people a taste of what living in a third world feels like. The village is surrounded by concrete block walls and will have four huts built inside the walls. Our main purpose for this village is to bring in groups that are planning missions trip to a third world country who want to get a feel for the kind of enviroment they will be exposed too. I will post pictures when all is said and done. For now, it just looks like a mound of dirt with part of one wall started. I have been getting ready to take a ten day road trip to North Carolina to visit my sister Heather as well as my Aunt, Uncle, Cousins, and Grandpa. Next, I head to Chicago to visit the parents and other Aunts, Unlce's and Cousins. I am looking forward to getting out of Indiana for a few days as usual. I can only handle so much of this state at one time.





As far as baby updates go I am still feeling great. My belly is finally starting to show and getting in my way a little more. Sleeping is becoming more of a task because I can't seem to find a comfortable position since I am a belly sleeper. I can't believe I am complaining about this now when I know the last two months are going to be 10 times worse. We have our first ultra sound in a couple of weeks. We are not going to find our the sex of the baby and keep everyone guessing. Sorry for those of you who can't handle waiting, but I will post a picture of my pregnant self so you can see for yourselves that we are indeed having a baby.



This is me at 18 weeks pregnant! Not too impressive yet, but you just wait! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah for baby bellies!!! Thanks for updating us all. Praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Honey,
    I'm so glad you're doing this! I suggest you send an email to family and friends and notify them that you have a blog, also remind them that Joe is still posting. I had forgotten for a while and just checked back. I love knowing what's going on with you and can't wait to see you next week. Drive safely to Heather's. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you started a blog, Mel! Love it! Now, even if we continue to not get together, despite being in very close proximity, we can stay up on each others lives!! Hugs to both you and Joe from the Hornings!

    ReplyDelete