Thursday, March 12, 2009

Where Are We Now

A good place to start my first blog would be where Joe and I have ended up after the last year. God has made plenty of changes in our life over the last two years and all of them have been changes that we knew were going to happen and some we weren't expecting.

Starting in March of 2007 we felt God telling us it was time to move out of our beautiful home we just built in Anderson Indiana and move to Converse Indiana, only an hour north of Anderson. Joe was taking a position at Rainbow Christian Camp as program director. We have been very close with this camp ever since we got married and never once did I think God would ever send us here! I actually didn't want to go! I was very content with our life in Anderson. We had good jobs, good friends, we loved our home, eveything just seemed too perfect to let go of. After talking things over with God one day I decided that if this is what God wanted then I shouldn't ignore we he was telling us to do. This gave Joe and I the opprtunity to go on our dream hike on the Appalachian Trail in March 2008. We packed up our home, moved everything to the camp, left Indiana to start our 6th month journey in the mountains, and have never regretted our choice to allow God to make our dream come true. We hiked 2200 miles from Georgia to Maine and ended our hike in September of 2008. Six months of making new friends, freezing to death in the Smokys, climbing more mountains then I ever dreamed of climbing, and being in the worst pain I have ever felt. It was the greatest time of my life!

Since our return to this boring little state, life has been a lot different. We are living at the camp in a nice little house, have given our dog Sadie a new home, adopted a new black lab puppy, and found out that we were pregnant in mid-December. We are due in late August and are very excited about meeting our first child. Lots of new adjustments, but all good ones. Joe loves his job as program director and is getting ready for his first trip to Haiti to help build a camp for the Haitian children. I have been slowing working on an independant personal training business here at the camp and hope to start training people from the area in our 20X20 weight room. God has provided for us in ways that we weren't expecting and at times that we really needed help. We have less than we have ever had and are happier then we have ever been. God is amazing and faithful when we listen to him and go where he leads.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Mel! Fun that you've started blogging...I find myself really enjoying keeping up with others lives and sharing ours in a way that our day-to-day lives don't always allow! So excited for you guys about a new little Wisley entering the picture! We are glad we waited this long to have a baby, but are REALLY enjoying it!! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I for one am glad you moved here!

    ReplyDelete