Monday, June 22, 2009

22 lbs gained and 8 weeks to go to Show Time!


I can't believe how fast time flies when you are pregnant! I am very ready to have this baby and 8 weeks feels so far away, but really, it's not. Before I know it I will have the most adorable Joe or Mel JR. in my arms. I am starting my 32nd week this week and still feeling great. I don't feel like I have gained 22 lbs, but when I look in the mirror, that is a whole different story. I feel huge when really, I'm not. I'm just not used to having a belly in the way of everything I do.
I had my 2nd appointment with our midwife today. We spent a lot of time just talking about our families, our life, our desires, and of course camp stuff. She is very tuned in to getting to know us and I have felt like we are building more than just a professional relationship. Our next appointment will be at our home so she can become familiar with our environment. The last thing she usually does before we leave is check my blood pressure, listen for the baby's heart rate, and feel for the baby's position which is head down, right where it should be!
Other updates in the Wisley family. Joe and I have a new niece from Tailand! Her name is Noni and she is 8 years old and speaks very little english. Joe's step-sister and brother-in-law adopted her two weeks ago and she was so excited to go home with them. We are very excited about having her join the family and she is adjusting very well to the American culture.
I went to visit the Wisley clan last week and on my way there our one and only vehicle died on me about 20 miles south of the camp. Luckily, I was close to home. Joe was out of town, of course. These things always happen to me when Joe is gone. I called our maintainence guy from the camp and he came to pick up the car and take it into the mechanics. For now all we know is that the engine is probably blown and we will more than likely be car shopping this weekend for a family car. Not excited about having to have a car payment because we haven't had one for several years, but we trust God and know we won't have to worry about the finances because God knows our needs and if he wants us to get another car then he will provide us the funds to get one. So there you have it. We continue with a very busy summer at the camp. Joe returned home from his Wilderness trip this past weekend and jumped right into another week of camp that he is co-dean of called Kingdom Week. I don't know how he does it, but he seems to work well with a tight and busy schedule. I always look forward to his days off, but am very glad that I can take a short walk across the dam and see him whenever I want too! I am very blessed!

4 comments:

  1. Hey baby. Your last two blogs have been awesome and made me fall in love with you even more. It is great to see the way God is working in you and I'm so happy we get to share this journey together! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last comment was Joe, not me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey! i had that maternity shirt-from target right? i LOVED that one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Mel! you are so pregnant and beautiful!!!!
    I miss you. I need to come see you before I head off to school. what does your schedule look like the first two weeks of August? I know you'll be very pregnant by then, but I'd love to come visit maybe?

    ReplyDelete