Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Pimped Out Ride and a Random Facebook Message


Well, there it is! My birthday present for the next 5 years! I never thought I would love it as much as I do. It is a Nissan Quest SL and thanks to our other vehicle for blowing it's engine we are looking forward to hulling our family around in it.
So my random FB message episode this week came from someone that I have never met and who is not one of my FB friends. This person is from Palastine and in her very poorly written English grammar she tells me that "anybody can be pregnant, babies are cute, pregnant women are not, they are not pretty and are ugly." My first thought to this message was, 'wow, apparently someone thinks I am ugly.' I wrote her back and asked her what she meant by her statement. She replied, "It just seems like you think you are the only pregnant women on earth, and your aren't." My reply, 'okay, but what are you basing that opinion on since you don't know me and have no access to my FB profile?' Her reply, "please don't send me anymore messages. I have three kids and a cat to care for and don't have time to read them. If you send me anymore message I won't read them and besides, why would I since you are not my facebook friend." Well there you have it. Odd! Apparently she is an Aunt of someone I know and she had the time to write me to tell me how she felt but doesn't have the time to answer my questions about her accusations against me. After her rude comments she actually requested my friendship on FB. Ha! So to all you pregnant women out there. You are not ugly! You are very pretty and your babies will be very cute!

6 comments:

  1. Interesting, is your picture of your belly or something? Did you accept her as your friend? Oh and she might have written you so she could see your profile because once you write back she can, I think anyways. And you are a very beautiful pregnant lady :) Pregnancy in general is beautiful and such a gift and blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!! Welcome to the wild world of minivans! I didn't think I would like mine as much as I do either! That is some crazy facebook drama you've got going on! Glad she doesn't live here or she might come and get you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tonya, I don't have any belly pics on my profile picture so I am guessing she somehow saw my photo album or something. I couldn't undestand most of what she said anyway since she doesn't speak, or write in english very well. I just couldn't believe that someone would actually tell a stranger that pregnant women are ugly, especially coming from someone who has three kids of her own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mom thinks you're beautiful and I might just punch her in the face if she comes here. JK beautiful!
    I like the color of your van - it's darker than I thought.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Melissa! Cute blog! I just want you to know that you are so waaaay cute as a pregnant woman. Don't listen to bitter comments from someone else. I hated the way I felt during pregnancy, but it doesn't mean it wasn't a beautiful blessing to be pregnant. And because of the fact that it truly is a blessing and a gift from God, it is beautiful. It's too bad she doesn't see that.

    Good luck with your baby! I have two and I LOVE being a mom. I'm sure you will too.

    ReplyDelete