Friday, August 21, 2009

No Baby Yet!

I am getting so tired of waiting for this baby to come out and join the family. Every night is a whirl of mixed feelings. Is is going to be tonight? Will I get up to pee and find that my water breaks? Surely something will happen tonight? Oh well, I guess that means I am not ready yet, or that the baby needs a few more days to develop. I am really tired of my routine right now. I think I am ready for a little stress in my life! I say that now, and two weeks from now I will be dying for relaxation instead. You never can win, can you!
Poor Joe has to go into work everyday and is bombarded by the same questions he gets asked everyday. Any changes yet? Has she felt any contractions? Etc Etc Etc! I feel for him. I just don't answer my phone unless I know it is someone that won't ask me those annoying questions. Even though I am only three days away from the due date I still feel like it will be ages before it happens. I having felt a single contraction, or been super tired, or super energetic. I feel like I have been in my nesting stage for the past 4 weeks now.
I feel like when I do go into labor I will probably cry out, "NO, not today! I am not ready!" :)
Summer Camp is over til next year. Joe is glad to have some extra freedom and more rest at night. We already miss the summer staff and aren't prepared for a long boring winter. Actually, it probably won't be boring with our baby around to hang out with.
As of right now Joe is out on a run with Maximus training for his hike up Mount Rainer. It started pouring about ten minutes ago. He He He! They are going to be soaked! Joe leaves on the 23rd of September with our friend Todd Rielage from Anderson. They will be gone for 5 days. My mom will hopefully come stay with me for the time he is gone.
That is pretty much all I have for now. I hope to have more interesting things to blog about after the little one is here.

5 comments:

  1. God has perfect timing and it will happen when He wants it to. It will be perfect because that is what His will for us is. Romans 12:2 calls it His good, pleasing, and perfect will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it's ALMOST time for Shaniqua to come out! I'll be praying for you these next few days and weeks. I hope everything goes well and God gives you peace about it. everything is going exactly how He wants it to, remember.
    love love love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you are tired of waiting. Want to hang out Monday if things are still slow??

    ReplyDelete
  4. yep, the final days totally suck. praying for you girl-you're going to do great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah, that was betsy, not bill.

    ReplyDelete