Friday, January 1, 2010

Looking back and moving on

I have never been a New Year resolutions kind of person so don't expect me to write a list of goals for this new year. I think goals are important, but for me, the need to change a part of my life shouldn't wait until the start of a new year, it should start right away. I understand it makes it so much easier to wait until the New Year. Maybe just because it is easier to keep track of how I'm doing with the goals I set for myself. The only thing that I have decided to start this Jan 1st 2010 is to read the Bible twice thru. I have already read it once thru a couple of times in a year so I need a new challenge. Joe and I have set a financial goal for ourselves, but who doesn't. We all want to get a better hold on our money and not be stupid with it like we have been for the last 7 years of our marriage. We finally feel that we are going to be faithful to a budget which is exciting! We have never been in a lot of debt, but what little debt we are in we would like to get out of sooner than later.

Looking back on 2009 I would say that we lived a good one. We spent our first full year at Rainbow Christian Camp and we love being here. Of course the best part about 2009 was bringing Jake Owen into our lives! Other then that it was just another year for me. I don't feel like I accomplished a whole lot last year, but I am happy and content with where God has put us and I'm looking forward to another year.

One thing I would like to work on for this year would be to find ways to do more then just live and exist. Last year I didn't live outside of myself or comfort zone very much at all. I would like to find different ways to make more of a difference in this world then just go about my life being home most of the time watching TV or cleaning the house. I know that Jake is growing up quickly and learning a lot from the way Joe and I live our lives, so I want to do my best at teaching him that there are more important things in life than keeping his room clean. I hope that he can learn to love helping others and understand the importance of being generous as well as building others up. I feel our world is full of too much sarcasism and needs more affirmation. Sarcasism can be funny, but hurtful at the same time and makes people forget how to give a compliment so I hope Jake blesses others with his words.

I am excited to live out a different year and hope to follow the dreams God gives me.

No comments:

Post a Comment