Sunday, March 20, 2011

First Day of Spring and my "slow cooker"

I am still pregnant! Ugh! I can't tell you how frustrated I was when I waited 21 total days past the day I was told to expect Jake, and now I am once again in the same boat at 13 days past the expected day of arrival. Of course that day is just a date they give you and it doesn't always mean it is going to come even within a few days of it, but for crying out loud! I am so sick of being pregnant. The bending over to pick up everyone's stuff(JAKE!), the constant nesting state that I have been in for the last three weeks, the restless nights of sleep, the not so comfortable intimate moments with my husband, the pressure, the pinched nerves, the low back aches at the end of the day, the elbows and knees that Jake has perfect aim with, all the comments I get from people who I don't know that ask when I am due("why aren't you getting induced?" "you look miserable" etc), never feeling comfortable in any kind of sitting position, going to the bathroom every 30 min. Yeah, the list goes on. If I am not constantly busy or have plans I wait around in sheer boredom and think about what I would be doing if I wasn't pregnant.
Whine Whine Whine. I know I need to grow up and stop complaining. I could be on bed rest and not be able to do anything but lay around listening to my son whine because his mama can't get up and play or take him to the park.
My one perk for not having gone into labor yet is that today is the first day of Spring! I can gladly say that this baby will not be a winter baby. THANK GOODNESS!
I have pretty much everything ready to go. We set up the birthing tub last Tuesday thinking for sure something was going to happen last week. I just love how it has been taking up so much room in my living room!
I have an appointment tomorrow morning with my midwife and really hoping I will not be making that appointment. Seriously Baby! Let's get this party started!

2 comments:

  1. I was just thinking about you. I wanted to see how you were doing. Now I know ;-) I feel your pain. I think if I had a dollar for every time someone made a comment about me, I would be out of debt by now. Don't you wish you had a t-shirt that said. Yes, I know I am huge, and no, I am not going to get induced.
    Please know I am thinking of you and praying that your precious baby will come soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my I can't even say I understand because I have never been late with a baby. I only made it to 39 weeks with the girls. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete