Thursday, September 8, 2011

Boring Blogger!

Yep I am one of those people. I blog only when I feel excited about something and then disappear for a few months. I wish I liked to blog more, but I have been way too busy to even try right now.
To fill you in a little on the last couple of months.
We(my boys and me)just returned home this Labor Day evening from my parents house up in Northern IL. We were there for 10 whole days living it up on their new cute lake home! I can't say that it was relaxing, as traveling with two kids can be hectic, but it was so nice to be with family for those 10 days. We have only been up north twice this year and this was Joe's first time there since January! Joe and I were able to get away for 1/2 a day in southern Wisconsin to go mountain biking on some really awesome single track trails and spend an afternoon out on a speed boat skiing and tubing. Jake LOVED tubing with us! He showed no expression of course, but when we were done he kept saying, "more tubing!" I got up on ski's for the first time in a decade along with my sister Heather and bro-in-law Ben! It is not as fun as tubing for me. Skiing takes too much skill and I have a few bruises that show I am not as good as I once was. On the other hand Joe and John(my sister's husband as of this past Sunday), thought they would both give skiing their first try. Poor guys were unable to get out of the water and suffered with inner groin pulls for the next couple of days as a result. Maybe next time you guys will show up the girls in something! Ha ha ha ha!
My sister Heather is now married to a wonderful guy! The wedding turned out to be a perfect outdoor wedding and our family is complete! No more sister's to be married! Yahoooooo! That also means no more weddings for me to be in! Double Yahooooooo! I like weddings, and I liked being in both my sister's weddings, but I am free of feeling obligated to being in any more weddings.
Now that we are home I am focusing on organizing the house room by room. My amazing husband built a huge set of sturdy wood shelves in our garage for me to be able to clean out my overly- cluttered closets to make room for things that belong in closets. Now I just have to figure out what all needs to come out and then go in those closets!
Next week is Jake's 2nd birthday. Since I am not a party planner and not into having lots of people over for birthday's don't feel bad if you didn't get an invitation. We like things small and simple! I am going to attempt to make a fun tractor cake for Jake!
I will try to post some pictures soon and update my header picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment