Thursday, April 23, 2009

22 weeks and the baby bump keeps growing

Well, there is me at 22 weeks looking bigger and man am I pasty white, and I look tired, but I'm not! I should have put on a little makeup for this shot too but oh well. That is as natural as I get. So being pregnant isn't so bad. I am actually excited that I am starting to show enough that I can't hide it. We had our first ultra sound a few weeks ago and that was also a very exciting experience. We were able to get a few face shots and the baby looks as though it will have the famous Wisley nose. After about 10 minutes of the technician pushing around on my belly I was ready to relieve myself. My bladder was screaming by the end of that session. I have gained about 10-12 pounds since days one. I haven't been over 130 pounds since my freshman year of college! Fun to have an excuse to put on some weight.
Oh let's see what else has been going on the past couple of weeks. I am thinking of have a home birth and hiring a midwife. The thought of having our baby at home seems so much more peaceful and comforting. Being in our own home with only a few people to have to deal with sounds much more enticing than being stuck in a strange room with strange people for two to three days. Now I know all you ladies out there that opted for an eppidural (sp) would tell me otherwise but the fact that they cost like $2500 and we don't have health insurance to cover it makes me just want to live through the pain. I am going to talk with a friend from my old church who had three kids with no pain meds and see how she got through it. So if anyone of my blogging buddies out there has ever had a midwife or went without the pain meds give me a shout.
The babies room isn't anywhere near being started. I should take a picture of it now so you can see that I have a lot of work to do on it. I actually spent the last week painting my weight room at the camp and putting a rubber floor in so that we can have a nice place to work out. I wish I took a picture to show you but it looks pretty slick if you ask me. The walls are a sapphire blue with one wall being a slate gray. I love it! Can't wait to use it full force after this baby comes out! I so miss my hardcore workouts.
Well, that is all for now. Joe and I are heading to Bedford for the next 7-10 days for a little vacation. We haven't seen his family since Christmas and are looking forward to hanging out with all of them. It is nice that we can go to one city and be able to see all of his side of the family in one visit. Peace out everyone! Oh and I am not going to proof read this blog because I have to bath the dog and finish packing so all you grammer freaks out there need to hold back on any snide comments. God Bless and enjoy the wamr weather this weekend! Finally!

9 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about trying to do a home birth or even having a midwife at the hospital. I watched a movie from the library it was called the business of babies or something. But it sure gets you thinking about other birthing options. Dusten is dead set against it, even though we live 2 minutes from the hospital. I told him last night actually, that I wanted to at least be able to labor at home where I am comfortable. That way I don't waste hours in a hospital. Let me know what you decide and how it goes. We're so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can talk to Rebekah as she had 3 and I know that at least one she didn't have meds. Also, home birth info. A lady at my church just did that 2.5 weeks ago and another lady at church has done it many time (9+ kids). Let me know if you want me to give them any contact info. Congrats! Debbie (Randall) Kledzik

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I didn't know you were pregnant! I have to do the math but were you at the reunion?! Hmm. Anyway I had the first two with no drugs and a midwife though we were in the hospital. I always wanted a homebirth but Jeff was too nervous about it. Also had a midwife with my third but had to have the epi long story. My first two births were the most enjoyable. Last was a c-section also long story. Congrats :) I will be reading from now on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. From your (I hope) favorite grammar freak - what were you doing up at that ungodly hour? Packing?
    I wanted to have you at home, but I guess it was a good thing I didn't because of the pre-eclampsia. You're so much healthier than I was though. You were going to be born without pain meds but they put me out instead. That's the way to go (NOT). Heather and Kim were born without them. My labors were not too long, I think about 6 hours. I'm going to search for some info for you. Have fun with the Wisley clan. Love you. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1.) you look gorgeous
    2.) wow, over 130, sheesh Mel. :P if I didn't know how absolutely tiny you were, that would ALMOST make me feel bad. lol.
    3.) my mom had an epidural with her first kid and said it was more painful to get it than just breathing through the pain. she didn't get them for her next three kids. so if the drugs are what is keeping you at the hospital, then I'd say you could probably deal with it. not that I know from personal experience or anything.
    4.) love and miss you guys. :) and today, I miss you A LOT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Mel, if you haven't yet you should befriend Kristen Vo on facebook (I'm pretty sure you guys know each other), she is the home birth queen. She just had her second baby the night before last so she is probably a little busy right now but I guarantee she will be more than happy to hook you up with connections for midwives & everything you have ever wanted to know about natural birth.... when she has a little free time to do so that is. Believe me there are birthing options out there that you have never thought of :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look just beautiful! We're thinking of you babe...over half way there! Wahoo!

    ReplyDelete