Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Max Patch, Baby Shower Surprise and Shower Registry


Yesterday was a day full of fun and surprsies. I am still in North Carolina with my sister and have been dying to at least walk a few feet of the Appalachian Trail since I am so close to it so Heather and I made the hour drive to Max Patch Mountain NC. It was one of my favorite places on the AT (above Picture). We were able to take my dog Maximus who loved every minute of our short walk. We met a thru-hiker who had just started the trail a day ago. He decided to start after the Smokys because he had his lab Mr. Biggs with him and dogs are not allowed in the park. We took his picture on top of the mountain and his dog played with mine for a few mintues.
Later that night we were headed to my Aunt and Uncle's place for dinner. My Aunt and Uncle from Waukegan were there visiting as well as my Grandpa and his wife Ruth Ellen. When I walked into the living room I saw my Uncle Joe holding a camera and aiming it at me so I decided to pose for him and while I was doing so everyone said, "Surprise!" I looked over at a table with a cake and presents on it and was in shock! I had no idea that they were throwing me a shower! It was great! My first shower and I didn't even know about it. They got me great stuff. My mom ask me to start a registry a few weeks ago and now I know why! She is a sly one!
Today my sister and I decided to run to Babies R US to glance at a few items. Looking for stuff online just isn't the same. It sure is very overwhelming to look at all the different bottles, pacifiers, car seats, monitors etc. I am going to have a friend go to a few places with me to help me figure out what I will need. I hate to register for sutff I won't find useful. If anyone is looking to get rid of or sell some of their baby items let me know because I don't really want to register for all new stuff. So far someone is giving me a crib and stroller with attached car seat. I also had a friend offer me some of her girl clothes if we have a girl. I am also going to be doing cloth diapers so any advice you have on those would be helpful. I am not sure if I can register for cloth diapers so I somehow need to spread the word that I won't be registering for disposibles. Well, enough for today. Hope everyone is having a good April Fools Day. Don't fall for any pranks!

3 comments:

  1. Melissa you should check out second-hand stores like Once Upon a Child. I am not sure if they have them in Indiana, but they do here and those places have lots of baby gear (and clothes) for cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betsy Wolf is using cloth diapers and has tons of great advice. I think she really likes www.bumgenius.com too. Ask her! She'll be excited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talk to Betsy Wolf about cloth diapers! She's using them with Jude and is doing a great job. www.bumgenius.com is also a great website. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete