Friday, November 20, 2009

What's your Love Language

Several years ago I read the book "The Five Love Languages" and discovered my top love languages. The five are: Recieving Gifts, Acts of Service, Quality Time Spent, Physical Touch and Words of Affirmation.
My top two are Quality Time Spent and Acts of Service with Words of Affirmation coming in third place.
Recently I have been asking my close friends what their top two love languages are so that I can have a better understanding of my friends needs and how I can be a better friend to them by showing them that I care for them the way they need to feel loved by me. It really helps to know this because usually the languages that are low on my list are the ones that are high on the list of my friends which can make this a big challenge for me. My husbands love languages are completely opposite from me. He needs words of affirmation and physical touch to feel loved by others. At least the physical touch part by me. I am so bad at meeting his needs because I don't share those same need so I often don't think to compliment him or give him touch as much since I don't need those things to feel loved. Boy! I wish it was easier, but it isn't!
So what's your love language?

2 comments:

  1. my top two are physical touch and quality time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allyson - I could have guessed what your top two are very easily. I guess I just know you that well. Love you and I will try to make it up to Purdue soon with Jake! Miss you tons!

    ReplyDelete