Thursday, November 5, 2009

The things I love most about being a mom

I love

being a stay at home mom.

seeing the beautiful person that Joe and I created

watching Jake change on a weekly basis

learning his needs based upon the way he cries

seeing him smile at me when I talk to him

knowing that I know what is best for him better than anyone else

being the only person to satisfy his belly when he is hungry

the bond we make during the day because I get to be home with him all the time

reading books to him before he takes a nap

learning how to pray for him and becoming better with my God-time because of him

watching him sleep

watching Joe love on him

seeing positive results from the way I parent

taking pictures of him

hearing people compliment him on how cute he is

playing with him

knowing that it only gets better and better the older he gets

kissing his little head and checks

rocking him to sleep every now and then

hearing him coo

watching him suck on his tongue because he thinks he is still sucking on his pacifier



There is so much more to love about being a mom, especially a first time mom because it is so new to me and I know it will only get better the longer I am a mom.

I prayed a lot for Jake before he was born. I asked God to guide me in all the choices I would have to make for him and also that Jake would be a good, happy little guy, which he certainly is. I prayed that God would direct Joe and I with our parenting in such a way that we will know how to make good decisions for him that follows the way God would parent our son. I continue to pray for him on a daily basis which is something that I was never good at before I had Jake. I always sucked in my prayer life and now love to spend time thanking God for my family and praying for my husband and son on a daily basis. Having a son has changed not just the way my body looks now but the way I want to live my life. I want to live in such a way so that when Jake grows up with us he lives to love others, love God, and serve the world. I am nowhere near doing that the way I really should, but want to teach my son to look to the needs of others before his own and to be generous with everything he has in life. I want him to be a forgiving person when people hurt him and to find forgiveness when he hurts others. I pray that he will understand that no matter what, mom and dad love him, but that the world doesn't revolve around him. I pray that he will think of Joe and I as loving parents and will forgive us for the mistakes we make against him, because I know we will make many of them.

There are so many things to pray for when you really think of it. I trust God in helping me be the mom that he has made me to be and if I can be obedient to the way he has asked me to parent then I know our family will be blessed in more ways then we could ever imagine.

If you are a mom, what are your favorite moments as a mom and what would you do differently if you could go back to when your kids/kid was a baby?

1 comment:

  1. What a great question! There are so many things I love about being a mom. The hugs and kisses, all the I love yous, the private moments shared with each kid. With my first I wouldn't have given her all the vaccines they push you on. I would of researched more and listened to my heart about getting them. I wish I would of put her in the sling more. But she was always with me and she was always happy and healthy. I loved nursing and co-sleeping with all my kids. Now that they are older I am grateful for the individuals that they are and how unique and special they are to me. They challenge and bless me everyday!!!

    ReplyDelete