Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Workout Weeks 4-5

I can't believe I am this far behind in my workout update. Sorry to keep you wondering, if you even care. Week 4 went fairly well. I took the week to rest, if you want to call it that. I actually just rested from lifting weights and focused on yoga, cardio and core work. So, I ended up working out everyday. It was just as hard of a week. I sweat a lot and was still sore, but it was nice to leave the dumbbells in their place and only have to unroll my yoga mat. Working out on a daily basis has become a daily habit and I can't go to bed until it is done. I know the benefits and love the way I feel when I am finished. We ate a few things we had not had in a long time, like brussel sprouts and squash. I can't complain about the food side of it besides my cravings for ice cream, which I have had a couple times in the last two weeks. No worries because I weighed in this morning and I have lost about 5-6 pounds in the last 4.5 weeks. I hope the scale wasn't lying to me this morning but I was pumped to see a much lower number than I was expecting it to be.  Only 5-6 pounds from my goal and I have two months to do it!
Last weeks workouts hurt! I am on a slightly different routine. It is always good to mix it up every 3-4 weeks to create muscle confusion. The reason for this is to keep your body guessing so that it is forced to adapt to a new exercise, or routine to produce faster and better results. I can't do the same thing day in and day out so this kind of workout is great for me. Here is my workout schedule for the next three weeks:
Mondays - Chest, Shoulders and Triceps and then Abs
Tuesdays  - Plyometrics (high impact jump training)
Wednesdays - Back and Biceps and then Abs
Thursdays - Yoga (60-90 min)
Fridays - Legs and Back and then Abs
Saturdays - Kempo/Karate (basically a lot of punching and kicking)
I usually get a walk in everyday as well.
I am feeling really great. I am back into my pre-pregnancy jeans. They are slightly snug in the butt and hips but not so much that I can't wear them. Even though I am only 6 -8 pounds over what I used to be I feel perfectly beautiful and fit.
Okay now for my picture update. I took these at the beginning of last week. I will post my first picture and then my most recent picture so you can see the difference.

5 comments:

  1. dang girl! you look great!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. agreed with allyson!!

    Good Job Mel!!! keep it up! :)

    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great job, Mel! you look good:)i'm still so impressed with people sticking to working out, especially at home. i suck at it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, so I feel kind of awkward commenting on your body :-D but you posted the pics so I guess you're asking for it! ;)
    I was just going to say you can already tell a big difference in your belly/sides area! That's awesome!
    Hmmm... I don't know if I could ever give up ice cream...

    ReplyDelete