Friday, April 8, 2011

First week with Two

Wade is a week old today! It is so sad to me how quickly babies grow up. Sure he is still a little guy but I can't believe how fast a week goes by. I have to admit the first couple of days without my family here helping me out was a little scary. I remember being pretty emotional when I had Jake after my mom left. Having a new baby is no simple task the first week, especially when you have a toddler who is so used to having you all to himself 24/7. It has been even more of an adjustment for him than for me. I felt guilty the first couple of days when I had to put Wade's needs over Jake. Jake is my number one pride and joy and I missed it when it was just Jake and me. I don't feel that way anymore but let me tell ya, the first couple of days I literally felt like a bad mom for telling Jake he had to go play by himself because I had to feed Wade...again. I think he is starting to get it now. Sure he still whines about it from time to time, but I think he understands that Wade gets hungry and needs me to take care of him.
Wade is a great baby! He still sleeps a lot and that has been wonderful. I hope he keeps it up! He has been an easy baby to nurse and so far no issues with throwing up like Jake did. From day one Wade has been sleeping about 5 hours into the night before he wakes up to eat. Getting up once throughout the night is nothing to complain about. I think Jake was more of an every 3 hours at night baby for the first several weeks. I am wondering if Wade has been able to go longer since he was a whole pound heavier than Jake when he was born. Anyway...it hasn't been that difficult. My pessimistic side actually expected this week to be worse than it was. I am relieved that I was wrong.
For just having had a baby a week ago I feel absolutely fantastic! I have healed very quickly and love it that I can wrestle around with Jake once again! Thanks to everyone for all your words of encouragement. I am very blessed to have such a supportive group of friends!

2 comments:

  1. I completely felt the same way with Merek when the girls were born. I still do sometimes. I will never forget the one time he told me. "momma, put the girls down and come play with me." Ouch. It is all a balancing act. A hard one at that! You are a great mom and I think I would be a little concerned if you didn't feel how you do. Take it all in stride. Every moment is a learning one. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad things are going well for you! We need to make it over that way soon!

    ReplyDelete