Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Guilty Pleasures!

Thanks for the idea "Midnight Oil Mama" on this post! I enjoyed reading your guilty pleasures and I have been trying to think of a good blog title that wasn't a family update so here it is!
So here are some of my guilty pleasures! feel free to join in on the fun and tell us some of your so we can all have a little laugh!

1) Sugar Addiction - I love sugar and it doesn't matter what the food is. If it has sugar in it I will probably like it. People think that I never eat crap because they know I used to be a personal trainer, but they are so wrong! I probably eat my weight or more in sugar ever year! Horrible, I know, but lately I have had a hard time saying no to it!

2)"Desperate Housewives" - I almost chose not to put this one down since it is probably my biggest guilty pleasure. I got hooked on it watching re-runs on Lifetime TV when Jake was a baby when I had nothing to do during the winter afternoons. Every time I watch it I feel like I have to justify watching it by telling myself there is no harm in watching a little night time soap opera, but then the show took a turn for the worse and since then I have stopped, but I still wonder who "so and so" ended up with and whether or not Susan and Mike moved back to Wisteria Lane.

3) My Big City Girl Roots! - I would rarely admit it but I am proud to be from a big city like Chicago. Sure there is traffic, rude people, loud planes are always flying over your house and you can literally have a conversation with your next door neighbor while each of you are sitting inside a part of the house since the houses are built 10 feet apart. I remember catching our creepy, old and cranky neighbor watching us from her window while we played in our back yard. (we got used to not having any privacy).
You get used to all the negative things about living in the city. In a way I feel like being a city girl thickened my skin a little. You just learn to deal with all the stress the city throws at you. I love city food, even the crowds of people at times, and if I paid any attention to sports what better teams to love than the Cubs and Bears! In some way it makes me happy to hear people tell me that I still have a little bit of my Chicago accent left in me! Of course I would never move back to the city but I am still proud of where I come from.

4) Twilight Saga - Yes, I too love the Twilight saga. Besides Harry Potter(which could be another one of my guilty pleasures) I have never read through a series of books as fast as I did Twilight series! The books are thrilling, and leaves my heart pitter pattering as I read about the the strong love relationship between Edward and Bella. Okay I will also admit that I started out rooting for Edward but ended up switching sides and falling in love with Jacob. I don't know exactly why but I guess Ware wolves just seem a little less gay than a blood sucking, pale white and scrawny vampire.

5)`The smell of Weed - not just weeds as in, the weeds in your yard, but the stuff you smoke. Okay, now you are wondering how I know what weed smells like. Yes I have smoked weed before and I will not be doing that again. I was dumb in high school and we all do things we regret, whether it was talking bad behind someone's back or lying to our best friend. It made me very sick and I am glad it did cause I never did it again. But I do love the smell of it and one of the best places to go too to get that wonderful smell stuck in your clothes is any kind of rock concert. I remember going to two different Creed concerts in college and there was a lot of weed smoking going on during those concerts. I didn't wash my sweatshirt for weeks after that concert! It was like sitting around a campfire when all that wonderful camp smoke soaks into the fibers of your clothes. Some people would think I am crazy to like the smell of camp fire smoke. Now you think I am even more crazy for liking the smell of an illegal drug! Whatever... you can judge me if you'd like, but hey, at least I don't go and smoke it just so I can get a wiff of it!

6) Rice - that's right! I love that starchy carb more than any other. I could eat a whole pot of it in one sitting! I love it almost as much as I love sugar! Why? I don't know. I ate it a lot as a kid so maybe that is why.

7) Christian Bale - OKAY let me first explain that Joe and I had a conversation one day about our movie star crushes and we agreed to allow the other one movie star crush that the other couldn't get jealous about cause we both know neither one of us would ever have a chance, nor would we ever leave each other for our movie star crush(wow. was that a run on sentence?). So my movie star crush is Christian Bale. I loved him in Newsies and when I found out he was going to be the new Batman I was very excited. He is the perfect Batman! I only wish he was in more musicals since he has a great singing voice! Joe's movie star crush is Carrie Underwood in case you were wondering, but since she got married she is spoken for so now I don't know who her replacement would be?

I do have more but they really aren't worth blogging about.

I think that about does it! This was fun! Now I want to know some of yours!

4 comments:

  1. Love it!!
    So I read all four of the Twilight books in 4 days. Do I think I am crazy, yes. I love campfire smoke as well. Hmmm something about the profession eh? Ever since Legend of the Falls I have been a huge fan of Brad Pitt.
    Good stuff Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Thanks for the laugh about picturing you smoking weed! Glad that was a habit that ended up not sticking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny :) I don't mind the smell of weed but I LOVE the smell of cigarette smoke. *blush* If I'm lucky enough to sit by someone who's smoking, I won't wash my clothes afterwards, either!! Haha!

    ReplyDelete