Thursday, May 7, 2009

Having to Keep a Schedule Sucks!

Ever since Joe and I returned home from the hike life seems far to hectic with crazy schedules and feeling like the months go by so fast because we are either gone all the time or have some sort of event going on. One of the hardest things to make time for is visiting all of our dear friends who we left when we moved to the camp. I miss everyone so much but you don't know how hard it is trying to keep in touch and making visits until you are the one moving away from everyone! It is not easy, especially when you have to work around other people's crazy schedule's as well as your own. Don't you just wish life could slow down enough to where you felt like you had one week out of every month to throw out your schedule book and enjoy the comfort of home? I know I would, so as a result of that wish I am inventing a month out of every year where Joe and I do not go anywhere unless we really want too. I don't know what we will call that month yet, something like, "Stay at Home Month" or something like that. During this month, whatever month we decide on, the schedule book goes out the window; we don't travel anywhere, only to the necessary places like the grocery store, church, bank, work, going on dates, etc. We also don't make plans with anyone unless they want to come out to hang at our crib. I have really enjoyed being home and not having an out of home job, but still feel like the schedule book fills up and life gets hectic. I guess hiking 6 months in the woods has changed my perspective about the hustle and bustle of life and how I can learn to slow down and smell the roses. Anyone else out there feel the same way I do?

2 comments:

  1. yup... i definitely understand the feelings. i am excitedly counting down to the end of each and every one of our "long-term" commitments that we've been involved in over the past couple years. the last of which will be the youth group this fall. i love the kids, but it's a full-time job, and we both already have one of those!! i've decided by the time baby #2 comes, i'm not going to be locked in to anyone else's schedule. i just want to focus on my family. not that i don't want to be involved in other things... i just want it to be on my time! i want to be able to volunteer for things that i can't right now because i'm too involved in other things.
    and i also understand the moving away and trying to stay in touch with people. it's hard. and you just have to remember they are still your friends even if you only see them a cuople times a year!!
    love ya, mel!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. as long as I can come see you during that month, it sounds great!
    now granted, I'm not an adult(well, technically I am, but I'm not really) but I love being busy and doing things and being places, but I totally understand how you feel. for me, I just stay really strict about how much I commit to so I can have chill time when I need it. I feel like balance is the key to nt goig absolutley crazy(oh wow, I sound like my psych teacher...ahh!) anyway, that's what I've found best for me in my 18 fabulous years of life.
    be involved, have committments, just not too many.
    love you and hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete