Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Just an Update

Life certainly hasn't slowed down for us lately. I have spent the last couple of weeks working out in the yard pulling weeds and redesigning our landscaping for a little more curb appeal than the way it was before. I love working out in the yard! Guess I get that from my dad, but I love working in the house too, cooking, cleaning and organizing which I for sure inherited from my mom. Summertime is my favorite time of the year, even though it means I have to suffer through some major sinus issues from all the pollen. I would trade any other season, especially winter, to have summer around for a few more months.
The baby's room is no where near being started. I decided not to repaint the room and stick with the neutral taupe that was in the room when we moved in. I hate painting and figured the baby doesn't care about the color so why bother. I do have my crib, rocker and dresser in the room ready to be placed and a few other items for the baby that I have found at resale shops, garage sales and craigslist. I am still looking for a white or natural, unstained wood colored changing table although I may change my mind on getting one since it will only be one more piece of furniture that I will have to store away when I don't need it anymore.
I am going on my 27th week of being pregnant and starting to feel more and more tired the closer it gets to August. It is so hard to listen to my body and take naps when I have so many other things I would rather be doing. Don't get me wrong, I love naps, especially on rainy days or during the cold winter months. I spent most of today relaxing, reading, doing some light yoga, napping and walking Maximus around the camp so I had my fair share of rest today.
Speaking of camp! The busy season is here for Joe and all the other staff. Our college summer staff arrived for training a little over a week ago, which means Joe's day starts at 8am and usually isn't over until 9-10pm, but only for these first two weeks. They have been working hard to get the camp back into summer shape, CPR and lifeguard training, as well as high ropes training. Our high school summer staff will arrive early next week and then the fun begins with week #1. I am so excited to see all the kids arrive and watch the camp come alive again.
My mom and dad came down for a visit from Chicago this weekend. It was so nice to have family around and a little help with some house work and advice about yard work from my green thumb of a father. They brought my cute little cradle with them that I found in Chicago as well as a few other cute baby items which included a Chicago Cubs onesie, bib and booties! I will not force my kids to be Chicago fans but as long as they don't know any better I will dress them in Cubs/Bears outfits when Joe isn't looking. :)
Well I think that is about all for now. I will post some pictures of my growing belly soon. Hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day!

3 comments:

  1. go cubs! i just want to update you that i actually did buy the stuff to strip the diapers and i WILL do it soon and send them to you. sorry i've been so slow on that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't look now but the Reds are leaving the Cubs in their dust!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I grit my teeth as I approve your comment Captain! The most wonderful thing about being a cubs fan is that the Cubs never have to be good to win me over, unlike other baseball fans! Ha!

    ReplyDelete