Sunday, October 4, 2009

The past couple of weeks

Being a mom is fun, though very tiring and I will be glad when I get to the two month mark when I can start working on getting Jake to sleep through the night. I know some people may think that two months is too early for a baby to sleep through the night but I have had several friends who were very successful at it with all their babies. It may take a little longer for him to get into that kind of routine but I know it is possible.

Hearing your own baby cry is much harder to listen too then I thought it would be, however, the times that I have let him cry himself to sleep has only lasted about 5 minutes and he was out cold. It always seems longer then it actually is. There have been a couple of times we have been in the car and I had no choice but to let him cry it out and that gave me confidence that I can let him cry sometimes. It isn't going to hurt him, it just sounds horrible.

Nursing is going great! He loves Boobs that's for sure. Jake is a spitter, but we have figured out that the more breaks we take to burbs him the less vomit to clean up. I was very unsuccessful at burping him this morning and 15 min after handing him over to Joe so I could catch a few more Zzzz's I guess Jake lost so much of his meal he soaked threw two towels and his outfit and a couple of burb rags. I ended up having to feed him again shortly after that.

We went to church for the first time since Jake was born today. He slept right through the whole service. I was amazed at how much babies are a magnet for attention. Everyone wanted to come and peek at the baby. I was glad that he was asleep in his car seat so I didn't have to hand him off to everyone and their grandma. I love it that people want to hold him, but at the same time, I am a little selfish and like to have him all for myself most of the time. This is also a really bad time of the year to have a baby since everyone is always getting sick. I am not the kind of person that has hand sanitizer all over my house and require hand washing before anyone touches him. Personally I think hand sanitizer is silly, especially the anti-bacterial stuff. You not only kill bad bacteria, but the good bacteria too which is what we all need for a better immune system. A good old bar of Ivory is best!

Joe came home alive from his climb up Mt Rainer. It is a good thing I didn't know how dangerous that trip actually was until he got home. He said it was the hardest thing he has ever done, but glad he got to do it.

Having people bring you meals for a week or two is a lifesavor! I am so thankful for all those people who have brough us dinner this past week and for my mom and mother-in-law for making meals for us! That's one less thing for me to think about.

Mice are gross and they are starting to invade our house. I keep a clean house, so when I see bugs and mice it makes me feel like I have a dirty house. I know that isn't true, but they poop all over the place. I got up to feed Jake two nights agi and we set three traps out on our counter top. We were successful at traping the little stinker. He was still alive when I found him. I threw him out the back door and left him to suffer in the cold. I felt bad and wish I had a heavy boot close by so I could finish him off quickly, but I had Jake alseep in my arms.

It's time to feed the boy AGAIN! I feel like that is all I ever do now a days, but only about 6 more weeks of the every three hours routine and I will hopefully get a little more freedom and some shrinkage in my chest. I thought I would enjoy having a bigger chest. Nope! I won't ever complain about my chest size ever again!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like all is going well :) I'm with you on the hand sanitizer stuff!

    ReplyDelete