Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Kate Gosslin and the Swine Flu

Kate Gosslin and the Swine flu are all over the place within the media. To be quite honest I am getting quite tired of hearing about what is going to happen to Jon and Kate and their uninteresting show Jon and Kate plus 8. Today Kate was a guest on The Ellen Degeneres show and was asked all the same questions she has been asked on other shows such as my favorite morning show, "Regis and Kelly." Kate has stated many times that her kids are her number one priority and she is a mom first before any other title she may have in her life. Hmmmmm. Not so sure I agree with that. I am glad that she loves her kids. I mean, I can't imagine how hard it must be having two sets of multiples and dealing with all the insanity of having her own TV show. I have watched a large share of Jon and Kate episodes and felt bad for Jon because of the way Kate treats him on national TV. She treats him like he doesn't know what he is doing half the time and yells at the guy in public. Now I know that it probably isn't all Kate's fault for their divorce, but I also think Kate drove Jon crazy enough that he is relieved to move on. I don't agree with their decision to divorce and even if it is mostly Kate's fault I still think Jon is rather selfish. Maybe he has tried his best to work on their marriage and Kate refuses to comply, but regardless it's a mess and is really none of my business nor the media's. I wish Kate would drop the show and give her kids the peace they really need. In my opinion I think if Kate would have put her marriage first this may not have happened. Jon was in her life first and if she really cared for her kids she and Jon would both have tired to save their marriage. The one thing Joe and I vowed we would do when we started a family was to put each other first and our kids second because you can't have a happy, healthy family if mom and dad aren't putting each other first.

Now the Swine Flu is just one of those annoying topics that seems to be on ever single talk show and News channel that exists. I know people are dying of this flu but holy cow you would think we were about to be invaded by aliens or something. They just won't shut up about it. I think we get it! If you don't get your shot we are all gonna DIE! Sometimes you just can't avoid catching a cold no matter how healthy you are or how hard you try to avoid sick people. What about the sick people that don't avoid the healthy people? A huge pet peeve of mine is when sick people don't stay home away from everyone until they are over their illness! Do those people really think they want them around. My husband came home the other day and said that people were coming in sick to work. What?!!! Why do people think this is cool? I'd just love it if someone got my husband sick, came home and got me sick and then I pass it onto my son Jake! This makes no sense to me at all. Stay home if you are feeling even slightly ill people! We don't want your germs and neither do their families. Common sense is all it takes to avoid passing crap around. I certainly don't think I am immune to the swine flu but the fact that I am home 90% of the time and not around that many people I think I will take my chances on pass on the H1N1.

4 comments:

  1. Amen, Amen, Amen, and Amen.
    although I would like to point out that it isn't always possible for sick people to stay home, even if they wanted to. In my case for instance, I can really only take about 1 MAYBE 2 days off and stay in my room and get better, any more than that and my grades get severely affected. And some people can't afford to take time off of work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True Allyson, but still, it would be nice if bosses, teachers, professors etc would make an exception for those who are sick and be considerate of their other students/workers and tell the sick ones not to come back until they are better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate Goslins problem is that she put herSELF first, NOT her kids. If she was putting her kids first she would still be working on her marriage. There will be seasons of life when your kids will be your first priority, others when your husband will be. That's ok. It doesn't have to be a rigid set of priorities. Especially when your kids are young, they will often have to be first - that doesn't mean you put your marriage on the backburner, just that you both understand this is a season of life and wont last forever. I have no problem putting my FAMILY first, and sometimes that means kid over husband.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that Kate has put herself first by thinking more of her kids needs than her husbands needs and that is what caused the mess they are in now. I too believe that sometimes your kids will have to come before husband. For me this is true with Jake being as young as he is, but Joe and I have been having more arguements than we normally do, which was almost never before Jake was in our lives. I have had a hard time balancing Jake's needs and Joe's needs and see first hand the harm that can come to a marriage when you add a child to the mix which is why I still feel, rigid or not in some minds, that putting my spouse before child is what will make my family happier. I want Jake to understand that as he grows up so he knows mom and dad will always take care of his needs but we need our husband and wife time as well.

    ReplyDelete