Monday, October 19, 2009

A quick update

By request of my sister in law Denise I am writing a quick update. Quick, because I am trying to get a nap in today and Jake is now just falling asleep. I tried to post a few new pics but my computor is jacked up. Everytime I go to a new page on the internet a page comes up that tell me that the website I am going to is a phishing wesite. Hmmm. not sure how that is happening. I feel like my computor is being hacked. Need to get that checked.
Well, Jake is now 5 weeks old, around 12 lbs and right at 23 in long. He has grown a ton and changed much to quickly. He is a good sleeper when he is in a deep sleep that he doesn't startle himself out of sleep, a good eater besides the messy throw up during and after he eats, and he has been starting to respond to us by smiling a lot. He loves his pacifier, but also tries to find his thumb when I get tired of trying to hold the pacifier in his mouth at night.
I am a few weeks away from putting him in his own room at night. He has been keeping me awake at night when he should be sleeping after I feed him. We were going to wait until he was aleeping through the night to move him into his own room, but last night I fed him at 2:30am and I wasn't alseep again until 6am after I fed him a second time. He had fallin asleep for about 45 min but then suddenly woke up fussy. I let him cry for about ten mins and when I turned the light on realized he had scooted of his sleep positioner and kicked all the blankets off of him. He wasn't too happy about that so I cuddled him in bed for a few minutes to warm him up and then realized that it was time to feed him again. So now I am trying to catch up on the 2 hours of sleep I could have gotten last night.
I love being a mom. Every week gets better and better. I love getting to know him and what he needs when he cries. Sleepless nights are worth it and I treasure every moment I get with him.
Off to take a nap. I will try to post some picture later today. I don't expect it to download but I will give it another shot. You can check facebook for a three pics I posted two days ago.

2 comments:

  1. I can tell I was in a hurry when I wrote that blog. Lots of errors. Sorry for being so sloppy but life is just too demanding right now to proof read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mel... this is just my opinion, but i say move him to his own room now. yes, these little miracles are worth the sleepless nights, but that doesn't mean the sleepless nights are always necessary!! now that jada has finally started to sleep at night without being held (i've slept in my bed instead of the recliner for 3 nights in a row now. yea!!) i have moved her to her crib in her room. she makes too many grunts and groans while she tries to situate herself and it was keeping me awake -- i was better off sleeping with her on the couch! i can still hear her when she's in her room, but it makes it much easier to fall asleep - and we all need that precious sleep!!

    ReplyDelete