Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Dreams: Jaguars, Zombies, and Flying

Night dreams are one of the most peculiar things in life to me. You never know when you are going to have one and you never know what it is going to be about and/or why you have the dreams you have in the first place. The one thing I have noticed about dreams is that something, someone, or some incident in my life at the present time almost always makes it's way in my dream.

Last night was one of those nights for me. I could blame it on the Chinese food I had for dinner but that is not always the case for me. My dream started out at my place of college education.  I was actually flying all over campus, not in a plane, but was flying like Super Man, but without the cape.  As I was in the air I noticed a couple of friends who played on the football team, Milano and Adrian.  Milano called up to me and asked me to walk with them. Well, I hadn't practiced my landing skills very well because I fell fast enough to the ground that I got some pretty intense butterflies in my stomach. As I walked with them Milano mentioned something about some other guy who told him he wouldn't kiss me before the other guy got the chance too.  Weird, I know, but hey, I can't control what I dream about.  Next we were in a house that Joe and I lived in and a home inspector showed up to inspect the safety of the house. He ended up telling us that the house needed to be torn down because it wasn't safe enough to live in since it wouldn't withhold a Hurricane!  Ha Ha!  When was the last time a hurricane went tearing through central IN?  At the end of that dream some people from camp came over and we all ate some sort of Pineapple dessert  that was cooked inside the peel of the pineapple. It was yummy!
My next dream was about my two sisters and I dancing to broadway songs on an icy sidewalk outside of a really big building.  I ended up falling and breaking my phone.  All three of us sat off to the side of a very wide sidewalk while people walked by.  Completely out of anyone's path a kid walked up to us and told us that we were in the way and needed to move.  I cursed under my breath as we moved to a bench to continue fixing my phone.  All of a sudden the dream changed scenes.  I was in an older glorified dorm room with furniture. My sister-in-law Denise was with me and we were eating lunch. We dirtied a lot of the kitchen's dishes so I started to wash them.  Denise made a pile of dishes to wash. Included in that pile was about 25 ziplock bags that she wanted me to wash. Now, at my house, I wash and reuse these bags so this isn't unusual for me, but in my dream I thought Denise was crazy. I told her I wasn't going to wash her ziplocks. She got mad and pulled monkey bread out of the oven and asked me what we were going to put the bread in if I wasn't going to wash the bags.
Next scene I am in a big field with several trees all around me and being chased by a big elephant!  He charges me over and over again, hitting me a couple of times but without doing any real damage. I try to escape him, but he is too fast for me so I decide to hide behind trees and see if he will lose interest and leave me alone.  All of a sudden my sister is approaching a huge leopard and attempting to tame him.  Without knowing the results of my sister's leopard taming skills we move onto taking a nap in a dorm room but constantly being interrupted by a black Jaguar who has been trying to claw his way through the door. Too tired to put up with this jaguars crap I bravely walk out of the room, charge the jag and hold his mouth shut with my hands as he tries to bite me. My next move is to bang his head up against the wall to knock him out so I can get some sleep.  I end up beating his head over and over until he goes limp, crushing his skull and killing him!
On Sunday night I had dreams about Zombies chasing me, and that was after watching the movie Zombie Land with some friends.  A slightly gory movie, but pretty funny. I'm not usually a fan of zombie movies but this one was worth watching.
Well, there you have it.  What kind of weird dreams have you had lately?

1 comment:

  1. wow, these are intense crazy!! and I thought I had weird dreams... :D I would share some of mine, but I tend not to remember them for very long or if at all.
    btw your kid is SO FREAKING ADORABLE!!! it shouldn't be legal!

    ReplyDelete