Thursday, April 29, 2010

For the sake of my family, and maybe yours too, a Jake update.

My, my, my, where does the time go? It has already been 7.5 months since Jake was born! I sit and think often of the time when Jake fit into newborn outfits, and itty bitty diapers, and could do nothing but lay around and coo. Wow! Life is so much more fun now then it was when he was 1-5 months old. I was watching video's I had taken of him on a weekly basis and it is so strange to look back and see where is was then compared to now.
Let's see...
Jake is now mobile.  He isn't necessarily crawling but he gets around whether by scooting or army crawling, or rolling. He can get to where he wants to go.
Jake loves to stand! Anytime I am nearby he reaches out for my hands so that he can pull himself up and excitingly bounces once he is up. It is pretty darn cute. Soon I will have to clear off the coffee table of anything I don't want him playing with or throwing off. He already does that but it doesn't really bother me yet.
I am constantly talking to him and repeating words as I show him things, hoping that he catches on fast. Not because I want him to be an over achiever, but because I just want him to understand me even if he can't talk. I am working on some sign language. Our favorites are: more, eat, milk, all done.  I think he gets the idea of milk and all done. Sometimes it seems like he is trying to tell me "all done" but probably not. He just likes to wave his hands a lot.
As far as words go I would like to tell you that his first word is "mama!" Just in the last few days he sounds as if he says "mama" when he is frustrated, hungry and tired. Could be, but it could just be baby babble as well. I think he is saying it! ;)
Jake has also learned to sit up on his own as well. Last week I went in his room to get him out of bed and he was sitting up waiting on me. I was very impressed even though every baby goes through it I am having fun seeing him learn new things.
One last milestone. Jake is learning to wave hello and goodbye. I asked him to wave hi today several times and he would most times stop was he was doing and look at me wave to him and then copy me. It is so cute! I want to kiss him every time.
I was going to post some pictures of him but for some reason my camera isn't letting me, or maybe it's the computer with the problem, but either way I am unable to load any for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment