Saturday, April 24, 2010

Sorry Jake! ( you are going to laugh if you read this)

I use cloth diapers and love them! They are easy to use, save me money, and not hard to wash. Ever since Jake started eating solids his poop has obviously changed to good old adult-like poop.  That makes things a little more difficult in the cleaning process because I have to dunk then in the toilet to get all the poop off before I put them in the wash.  Didn't have to do that with breastmilk poop because it is water soluble.
So this morning Jake poops and I clean him up like normal. I am the only one home at this point so I set Jake down on the floor in the hallway so I can see him as I dunk his diaper in the toilet.  He is happily playing with some books and I proceed to the bathroom. Before I get to the bathroom I start to open the diaper to fix the velcro that is stuck on the diaper.  My hand slips and one side of the diaper falls out of my hand and not thinking anything would happen I look down and see Jake's leg covered in his own poop.  probably a 1/2 cup worth of it and it isn't hard, firm poop that I can just scoop up really quick. It was oatmeal consistency! Yuck! I promptly grab one of Jake's hands and try to think about what I should do first: clean the poop of his leg, or carry him to the tub. While I am taking my time in thinking Jake decides that it looks like fun and with his free hand takes a handful of it.  Noooooooo!  So I grab his poop filled hand and let go of the other hand.  Why do I do this? I don't know!  You know what happens next. Now I have Jake with poop on his leg and in both hands.  Okay now I have no other option but to carefully pick him up and put him in the tub. On my way I step in the poop make a trail going into the bathroom on the carpet and bathroom floor.  My first priority is to get that poop off of Jake's hands. I turn on the faucet and start rinsing when all of a sudden Jake starts screaming bloody murder!  "What What What" I yell! Then I realize that I had only turned on the hot water so my son was being scalded with hot water on his right hand.  Crap! (literally and figuratively speaking). With Jake still screaming I finish cleaning him off and take him to his room to find a pacifier (yes I am still using them for emergency) and wrap him in a towel and calm him down. His poor little hand was beat red and eyes full of little tears. He quickly calmed down as I covered his hand in cold Aloe Vera lotion I keep in the fridge.  Now to clean up the other mess.  10 min later life is back to normal again and Jake has forgotten how his mommy tried to body paint him with his own poop and them burn it off.  Poor little guy! I couldn't have felt any worse because it was all my fault. I am just really glad that I didn't drop the poop on his head.  ( I think I am going to go and vomit now)  Good thing it was me and not Joe. He has a terrible gag reflex in these situations.
Hope your day is less pooped filled than mine. :)

5 comments:

  1. hilarious!! but poor Jake! I really thought you were going to say that the poop fell on his head!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bah ha ha ha ha ha! Every parent has a good poop story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Melissa! Sorry I did laugh because I can image myself in your shoes because I have been there before! Poop stories stay with you for a lifetime :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow that is a great poop story. Every good parent has at least one. Good times. I was laughing so loud when I read it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, no! How funny!
    Annabel went through a "taking off her own diaper in her crib and pooping" stage around that age... similar incidents! She liked to fingerpaint with it... thankfully that stage didn't last too long!!

    ReplyDelete