Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Workout week 1: Days 1-8

OH my goodness I am so sore! I think every muscle in my body was pushed to the point of "ouch" last week.
Day 1- Weights (Chest, Back) and a 20 min bike ride
Day 2 - Plyometrics and a short walk with Jake
Day 3 - weights (Shoulders, Arms, Abs), short walk with Jake
Day 4 - Yoga and a walk
Day 5 - Weights (Legs, Back, Abs)
Day 6 - Kempo Karate
Day 7 - 20 min walk
I already feel better after only 1 week of working out and watching what I eat. My biggest down fall when it comes to food is sweets. I love sweets like a baby loves milk. If I see them, it takes a lot for me to refuse eating them. However, after I workout in the morning it really helps me avoid eating the bad stuff.
I almost never have junk food in the house. I eat fruit when I have a sweet craving, and I try to drink a protein shake if I am hungry in between meals. I have been focusing on eating 5 times a day which ends up being about every 3-4 hours. Ever since I started working out I am hungry all the time burning up all those extra calories. It almost feels like I am pregnant again. Hunger is a good sign that my metabolism is working great so I have no problem eating more because I know my body needs it.
Challenges I have had this week:
* it is really hard to commit to an hour of working out when I have a 7 month old to watch. My only option is during nap which means I have only one other nap to get other things done like my bible reading and house work.
* getting together with people always revolves around food so I have to be prepared when I go to functions. I know that I will refuse sweets when offered and most times I know ahead of time what to expect the meal to be so I plan on whether to eat a little bit before I go so only need to eat a very small portion of what is being served. This past Saturday we had a surprise Birthday Party for my husband and his twin brother. We had a roasted pig, baked beans, potato salad, coconut cream cake (my fav), brownies, chips, fruit, and homemade rolls. I did pretty well by serving myself a small spoonful of the beans and salad. I had more pork then anything because it rocked! I did end up having two small pieces of cake and a bite of a brownie and ice cream sandwich cake but I didn't feel over stuffed and stopped when I wasn't no longer hungry.
* I want to eat lunch at the camp more because it is free and saves me from having to cook but it isn't always the best choice in terms of health so I plan to eat a big salad for lunch and then have a small portion of whatever our chef is preparing. Sometimes you just have to improvise in order to save money and some time.
* I really need to get out and do some yard work or it will get out of hand and I will have more work to do. Yard work is fun, burns lots of calories when you are pulling weeds and digging in the dirt, but again, I have a baby I have to keep a close eye on. I guess that means I will have to wait until his bedtime at 7pm.
The following pics are from Joe and Josh's party. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment