Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Jake

Our boy is growing up too fast. Every always says that and then you blink and it really is true. Jake is 7 months old today. He is cutting two teeth, been eating solids for the last month and growing out into 12 months clothes.
I feel much more rested since he started sleeping 12 hours plus thru the night. He was waking up 1-2 times during the night before we started him on solids and our pediatrician told us it was time to introduce solids. I knew he was right but I was not ready because of how easy breastfeeding is. Trying to figure out a new breasfeeding/solids schedule was a little challenging, but I think we finally have it figured out. I think Jake is going to be easy to wean. Not that I am in any hurry to wean. I would love to breastfeed until he is a year, but if he decides he isn't interested anymore then what more can I do. We are down to 4 times in a 24 hours period.
Jake's first solids food was rice cereal and he eat it up like a champ. He didn't spit any of it out and kept opening his mouth for more. His first fruit were pears, and first veggie were peas and loved them both. We have introduced oatmeal, peaches, applesauce, green beans, sweet potatoes, squash, prunes, and banana's. He loves them all. My new challenge this week will be making all of his baby food. I haven't been able to get started with it since we have been out of town so much. This week I plan to make most everything that he has already tried.
Jake wants to crawl so bad! He has been sitting up really well on his own since he was 5 months and now he is bored and ready to see the world. I often catch him rolling around the room or trying to pull his knees up to his chest.  He has also been supporting himself on all fours but hasn't figured out how to move in that position yet. Soon enough and I will be crawling around the house at baby level to see what I need to put up so he doesn't choke on anything or get hurt in some other way.
I still love being a stay at home mom more then anything else in the world right now. It is so much fun to watch him change and each stage is more fun then the last.
Here are some update pics of him easting his first foods.

1 comment:

  1. i just love this little guy :) he's too stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete