Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I am a little behind

We are finally home from our 3 week adventures away from home. March was a fun one because it was spent away from Indiana. I get so antsy in March because we are at the end of winter but Spring can't come fast enough so for me to be gone most of that month was a blessing. 
Our first 10 days were spent on Anna Maria Island in Florida with my mom and dad, sisters, and future brother-in-law.  Joe and I made the 18 hour drive starting on Wed after a morning appointment for Jake's 6 month wellness check up in Kokomo, IN.  We broke up the drive into 2.5 days spending the night at our friends house in Knoxville one night and a hotel the second night.  Jake was an angel on the way down. I love how he adjusts to new things and places so easily. I won't bore you with all the details about our time in Florida because all we really did was take walks on the beach and lay out at our private pool. It was so nice to have my parents and sister around to help out with Jake. Joe and I were able to get away at least once a day for a few hours.  I wish they lived closer.
 The weather was great everyday. No rain during the day. Temps in the mid to upper 60's and lower 70's. A little windy some days on the beach. 


The picture of Joe at the sign was a great place to eat ribs and other good stuff we tried, like a philly cheese steak.  Joe was pretty excited that it was his trail name on the AT. The next picture was just something funny that was displayed at the restaurant. I just thought it was funny to see a skeleton take a leak.

No comments:

Post a Comment